Re: Using fprintf to output a .tex file

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: Using fprintf to output a .tex file
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:33:06 +0200

you may want to take a look at: http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/11184/tree/trunk/octave-forge/main/miscellaneous/inst/textable.m

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:46 AM, bondmatt <address@hidden> wrote:
I have been working on an Octave script that outputs a .tex file to generate
a report with Latex. I tried copying my tex file into my Octave script using
the arrangement below but I have had issues. I started with a file from
someone else so I was aware of the need to replace single backslashes with
double backslashes. Additionally, I found a helpful hint in the forum to
obtain double backslashes (\\ - critical in Latex) by putting four
backslashes (\\\\) in the string to be output with fprintf.

However, I have been unable to get my script to output the Latex file. I see
the error 'error: fprintf: invalid format specified'.

Any suggestions, perhaps better methods I should be considering, would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

A stripped example of the Latex output portion of my script (the last few
lines):

s=['\\end{tabular}\n'];
s=[s '\\end{document}\n'];
file=fopen('report.tex','w');