Octave ode45 vs. Matlab ode45

From: Jeffrey
Subject: Octave ode45 vs. Matlab ode45
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:22:27 -0700 (PDT)

I'm getting different results from Octave's ode45 than from Matlab's. I
also need to vary ode45's tolerance level, but I'm getting the following
messages:

warning: Option "RelTol" will be ignored if fixed time stamps are given
warning: Option "AbsTol" will be ignored if fixed time stamps are given

What do these messages mean? How do I properly set the tolerance? The
documentation I can find indicates that 'time stamps' have to do with the
time stamps of my source files. So not related to ode solving.

Here is how I set the tolerance:
tol=1e-8;
options=odeset('Stats','on');
options=odeset(options,'AbsTol',tol);