From: Elliot Gorokhovsky
Subject: Loading a large and unusually formatted dataset into an Octave matrix
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:04:56 -0500

Hello! I am a new octave user and I am trying to predict the price of bitcoins 15 minutes in advance via neural networks for use on the website btcoracle.com. I have about a gigabyte of data that looks like this:

Inline image 1

I want to turn it into a matrix with the number of rows equal to the number of rows of data (i.e. the number of {...}s). I want there to be two columns, on for price and the other for amount. I don't care about the other stuff, I want to discard it.
Is there a way to do this (hopefully efficiently)? If so please tell me.

Thank you very much for your time,
Elliot