bvp4c script

From: Diana
Subject: bvp4c script
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi another newbie question,

For an online course I am trying to implement bvp4c to compute a nonlinear
ODE. The example shown during the video lectures is in Matlab. bvpint is
defined with a parameter value. I have already read through the Octave
function reference page. Yet I can't seem to translate the bvpint
computation to the script found
http://octave.sourceforge.net/odepkg/function/bvp4c.html

I was able to run bvp4c w/o specifying a parameter using the format
referenced above. I also noticed the computation is very slow. However since
I am doing this for an online, self-study course, I don't mind that
drawback. This is what I have so far:

function rhs=rhs_bvp1(x,y,beta)
rhs=[y(2);(beta-100)*y(1)-y(1)^3];

function bc=bc_bvp1(yl,yr,beta)
bc=[yl(1);yl(2)-1;yr(1)]

t=linspace(-1,1,50);
h=diff(t);
u_0=[cos((pi/2)*t);-(pi/2)*sin((pi/2)*t)];
beta=99;

solinit.x=t; solinit.y=u_0;
sol=bvp4c(@rhs_bvp1,@bc_bvp1,solinit);
plot(sol.x,sol.y,'x-');

Thanks for any help. Again this is my first time using anything like Octave
(I've never used Matlab).
Diana