Re: textread issue

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: textread issue
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:03:55 -0700 (PDT)

snaucler wrote
> I am using Octave-3.6.4 vs2010.  have recently (last week) installed the
> I/O package.
>
> I am trying to read data from a csv file. Below is a snippet of that file
> I am currently working with.
>
> Chan ID,Chann Name,Slope,Offset
> R01,Blade 1 Edge,1.234,4.567
> R02,Blade 1 Flap,2.345,5.678
> R03,Blade 2 Edge,3.456,6.789
>
>  Here is the line of code I am using:
> chanName = textread('Cal_Spreadsheet.csv','%s %s %d
> %d','delimiter',',','headliner',1)

"headliner" ?  make that "headerlines" and try again.

In addition I suspect you might need "whitespace", ""  in the argument list
as well (not sure).

BTW your example becomes much more readable if you add a few spaces here and
there, e.g. between arguments and between function name and parens.

Philip