Re: Why would my job just stop?

From: Jeffrey
Subject: Re: Why would my job just stop?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:13:54 -0700 (PDT)

Please ignore. Wrong message board.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi. I have a job job which ran for over 3 million timesteps. It was creating output files and everything just fine, but then it just stopped. All of the mpispawn jobs are still there. The mpirun command has not returned the command line and there are no error messages indicating a problem.

What kind of things can cause my job to just hang dead in it's tracks?

Note that I can pretty much rule out different processors all waiting MPI_Receive mode. All of the processes send data before receiving it.

Thanks.