Re: how do I configure custom subsref() to correctly handle 1:end range

From: withaar
Subject: Re: how do I configure custom subsref() to correctly handle 1:end range
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:44:22 -0700 (PDT)

Ok - I am sorry. I just found it in the documentation. For completeness:

You need to write the "end()" method for the class. See manual, section
34.3.1.

The function has to look like this:

function r = end (obj, index_pos, num_indices)

    ## code

endfunction

 obj is the object being indexed
 index_pos is a scalar and the dimension of which you have to return the
index to the last element
 num_indices is the total number of dimensions of the object

The return value r is the index to the last element in dimension index_pos.
If the size() function has been implemented correctly this function could
look like this:

function r = end (obj, index_pos, num_indices)
   r = size(obj,index_pos);
endfunction