Re: Bug in "break" command

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Bug in "break" command
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 10:05:19 -0400

On 3 June 2013 02:13, Paryshaan <address@hidden> wrote:
> when a m file with a loop calls another which has "break" command, it doesn't
> affect the loop of first file. I mean it should exit from the loop, but it
> has no effect and only exits from the second file.

I don't think this is a bug. In the second file, the break is not
inside any loop, so there is no loop to exit. A function call creates
a new scope, and there is no loop in this scope from which to break.

Unless Matlab behaves differently, I can't consider this a bug (and it
does, it's a bug in Matlab that we'll have to duplicate in Octave).

- Jordi G. H.