Re: Problems adapting Visual Style of Octave Graph

From: Alaak
Subject: Re: Problems adapting Visual Style of Octave Graph
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 05:08:59 +0200

Hi,

The command set(gca(), 'box', 'off') unfortunately also removes the two borderlines. I'd rather would only remove the thicks. However it was possible to fix this by plotting a straight line add the border using the 'xlim' and 'ylim' properties.

With the fltk toolkit setting the grid line style works now. Thanks for that. Although a small problem remains. The FLTK toolkit seems to have shrunk the spacing between the y label and the y axis and now the y label overlaps with the numbers on the y axis. I was able to fix this using:
        get(get(gca(),'ylabel'))
to get the current coordinates of the label at the position property and then set new coordinates using something like: set(get(gca(), 'ylabel'), 'position', [-650.05991 0.50000 0.00000])

The 'xcolor', 'ycolor' and 'zcolor' properties do unfortunately not set the color of the axis itself but only of the labels and thicks if I use it like: set(gca(), 'xcolor', [1 0 0]); So is there anything I might miss here?

Regards