Compiling C code

From: JFord
Subject: Compiling C code
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:34:37 -0700 (PDT)

I am very new to octave but I know a bit of MATLAB.  This is my first time
dealing with compiling.

I have a C source code which I compiled into a MEX file in MATLAB using the
mex function and windows SDK as the compiler.  This file is called by
another file in the program I am working with.  I am trying to implement the
program in octave and tried using both the mex function and the mkoctfile
functions.  I am currently running the file as a .oct file.  When I run the
program, I get and error message that reads:

error: unrecognized option: Display
error: 'my_file_name' undefined near line 63 column 3

I am unfamiliar with compiled source code so I took a snapshot of the area
if that helps http://imgur.com/rC9cfn1

Is this because I am using a compiler that does not work with octave?  Do
you see any poblems with the process I am using?

Thanks for the help,
JFord