Re: mcode.sty and CTAN

From: Abbott, Ben
Subject: Re: mcode.sty and CTAN
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:49:40 +0000

On May 30, 2013, at 9:16 AM, Abbott, Ben wrote:

> On May 30, 2013, at 7:24 AM, Florian Knorn wrote:
>
>> On 30 May 2013 01:44, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Florian,
>>>
>>> I saw the article on your mcode.sty file.
>>>

>>> http://www.howtotex.com/tips-tricks/how-to-include-matlab-code-in-latex-documents/
>>>
>>> I participate in the development of Octave.
>>>
>>>      http://www.octave.org
>>>
>>> is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical
>>> computations.
>>>
>>> GNU Octave has a GPL v3 license, and supports the m-code syntax.  It also
>>> has some nice extensions to the language.
>>>
>>> I'm inclined to modify your style file to support Octave's extended syntax,
>>> and thought I'd check with you first.  Do you plan to submit your style
>>> file to CTAN?
>>>
>>> If not, can you email me a copy (Mathworks policy is that files on file
>>> exchange are to be used with Mathworks products)?
>>>
>>> TiA
>>> Ben
>>
>> <mcode.zip>
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> Thanks for your email. I never knew about the post you referred to,
>> thanks for pointing it out to me.
>>
>> Of course you are very welcome to port / extend the file so that it
>> also works with Octave files. Please find it attached.
>>
>> As for CTAN, I'd love to see the package up there, but have no idea
>> how to go about it. Again, I'd be happy for you to put it up there if
>> you have the know-how and time to do so.
>>
>> Let me know if I can be of further assistance,
>>
>> Thanks and best wishes,
>>
>> Florian
>
> Thanks Florian,
>
> I'm not familiar with how to get your style file onto CTAN.  But, I've cc'd
> Octave's help-list in the hope that someone else can offer some comment.
>
> Ben

Florian,

I spent some time with Google today.  The link below was more difficult to me
to find than it ought to be.

        http://www.ctan.org/upload

BTW, as the listings package supports Octave, it turns out your style file
already supports Octave's extended syntax as well.

Ben

Ben Abbott | Development Fellow | TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc.
1818 S. Orange Blossom Tr | Apopka, FL 32703 | ☎ (407) 884-3418 | ✉
address@hidden