Re: Extract docstrings from my functions

From: Johan Ekh
Subject: Re: Extract docstrings from my functions
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:21:13 +0000

Hi all,
sorry for bringing this up again, but I still don't quite understand how to do
this. I will rephrase my question slightly.

Let's say I'm working on a project that involves writing a number of octave
functions. Together they make up a useful tool that I want to package
and distribute to several users. I prefer to use docstrings in my functions to
document the function and I want to automatically extract those and insert them
into a manual to their respective section. But I also want to add other
sections in the manual, i.e. theory, installing instructions, user guide etc.
I'd like to develop the manual in parallel to developing the code so I need an
efficient way of repeatedly extract the docstrings and build the manual.

What are the preferred tools and workflow for doing this?

BR / Johan