Re: problem with printing graphics to file Octave 3.6.4, manual install,

From: ossands
Subject: Re: problem with printing graphics to file Octave 3.6.4, manual install, windows
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 09:14:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM, PhilipNienhuis [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
ossands wrote
:
<snip>
:
The gswin32c executable is there, as promised. Same result with
graphics_toolkit('gnuplot') and graphics_toolkit('fltk')
There used to be an issue with gswin3c.exe not being invoked while the same file named as gs.exe would work. AFAIK it was fixed but maybe "gs" is still hard-coded somewhere.
The relevant thread should be somewhere in the bug tracker or one of the Octave mailing lists.

Are you sure the ghostscript directory (C:/Program Files/gs<version>/bin) is in the PATH?
(note: forward slashes work ok in the Octave (msys) terminal)

Philip

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/problem-with-printing-graphics-to-file-Octave-3-6-4-manual-install-windows-tp4653129p4653289.html
To unsubscribe from problem with printing graphics to file Octave 3.6.4, manual install, windows, click here.
NAML

Hello Philip,

Thank you for the reply. I tried a couple of things along the lines of what you were suggesting:

1) I copied gswin32c.exe to gs.exe in the bin subdirectory of gs (I think it's C:\Octave\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2\gs\bin). Same result

2) I put a -G flag into the print command. i.e.

print -depsc -GC:\Octave\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2\gs\bin\gswin32c.exe -debug lkj.eps

without any success either.

A couple of further notes:

1) When I command that an eps file be made, it makes an eps file. However the error shows-up as before. I'm unable to determine if the eps file is fully formed as I have no way of viewing eps files.

2) When I command a pdf file be made, it also makes a pdf. However, the error shows up as before. Viewing of the file shows that the axes are laid out and a single horizontal line is made above the x axis but nothing else is in the graphic. It appears that ghostscript is having trouble with the graphic as it is reading it from Octave.

Regards,

Scott Sands