Re: octave eigs function

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave eigs function
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 10:01:15 -0400

On 22 May 2013 08:06, Poulette Poulette <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have Octave version 3.6.4 for mac (osX 10.8.3).

How did you install it, Mme Poulette?

> I don't know how to use/obtain eigs function to calculate eigen vectors and
> eigenvalues.

You only need eigs if you're working with sparse matrices or if you
only want a few eigenvalues of your matrix. Otherwise you can use eig.

> The error is : "eigs: not available in this version of Octave"

However you obtained Octave, it looks like you compiled it without
ARPACK. You need to recompile Octave with ARPACK support.

- Jordi G. H.