Re: Is there strict matlab compatible mode?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Is there strict matlab compatible mode?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 08:51:45 -0400

On 21 May 2013 18:19, Peng Yu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think that there is not a strict matlab compatible mode but I want
> to ask to make sure.

My own view of what "Matlab compatible" means is that Matlab code
should run in Octave, but there's no reason why Octave code should run
in Matlab. A few share my view, some don't. It is not entirely trivial
to implement something that will make Octave reject Octave syntax but
not reject Octave's own m-files, which are written in the Octave
language (not Matlab).

Also see bug #36743:

    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36743

- Jordi G. H.