Re: empty arrays of objects

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: empty arrays of objects
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:36:22 -0400

On 20 May 2013 17:57, ernst <address@hidden> wrote:
> i found, that arrays have the same class as their members (which I think
> is very strange):

Matrices are all of uniform type. The members of arrays are themselves
arrays. There are no true scalars or members in Octave, instead,
anything that looks like a scalar is a 1x1 array, and ordinary arrays
don't nest; [1,[2,3]] is the same as [1,2,3]. Cell arrays do nest and
can be of heterogenous type.

> This applies also to classes, which are not builtin:

Because this is an array language. Everything is an array, even things
that don't look like arrays.

> I found no way, to obtain an empty array of class pn.

This may be a bug.

- Jordi G. H.