Re: OCTAVE ONLINE DOCUMENT ERROR?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: OCTAVE ONLINE DOCUMENT ERROR?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 08:08:04 -0400

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On May 20, 2013, at 6:28 PM, José Luis García Pallero wrote:

> 2013/5/20 Ming Liu <address@hidden>
> Am I still top-posting and using formats now?
>
> Yes, you are top posting. In gmain, when you reply (don't forget reply-all), you can see an empty answer window. In such window, at the bottom you can see three dots (...). You must click on them and then all the previous answers in the thread are expanded. You can now write your mail after the ald answers.
>
> Cheers

José, thanks for pointing out the dots.  I hadn't noticed them before.

Ben

Gmail's somewhat recent format changes included auto hiding repetitive posts (with the dots ...) in an effort to streamline their conversation style display. this works very well for everything except mailing lists with a bottom-posting convention. And despite a lot of clamoring in the support group there is, and likely won't ever be, an option to change default behavior in this regard. So it goes :)

nickj