Re: [bug #38905] Memory Leak in openmpi_ext

From: Riccardo Corradini
Subject: Re: [bug #38905] Memory Leak in openmpi_ext
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 21:41:14 +0100 (BST)

Carlo,
I do not think this is a bug.
It is just that ... since openmpi_ext is a prototype it needs more functions (like MPI_Isend and MPI_IRecv).
When the master has lots of slaves "blocked" , the memory using lots of matrixes will become exhausted.
One solution would be to implement non - blocking messages and to "probe" about them.
Micheal Creel pings at messages to gather as much as possible. Cleary this might be improved.
What do you think? Am I clear?
Very bests
Riccardo