Problems to see the opemmpi_ext examples

From: Edwardo
Subject: Problems to see the opemmpi_ext examples
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 08:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

In some previous post I asked how to see the source code of the examples
that are in the package openmpi_ext. Someone tell me that typing:

edit <filename>

will work. I have problems with the installation of the pakcage, but I have
managed to install it (version 1.1.0)
The problems is that when I type:

octave:10> edit helloworld
cp: cannot create regular file `/home/shariff/octave/helloworld.m': No such
file or directory

it opens emacs without the file (it says that it can't find it). I already
installed the package and also load it with:
pkg load opemmpi_ext

so it is loaded...

1- How I can see the source code of the examples? I want to see how i can
send a matrix/vector with the opempi_ext package.

2- How I can run the examples??

Please help!! Thanks!

Note: I downloaded emacs because when I typed "edit" it gave me an error
message saying "emacs: command not found"