Re: Plotting whole numbers only.

From: PetrSt
Subject: Re: Plotting whole numbers only.
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 05:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

gholladay wrote
> That works, but it takes several minutes rather than seconds before the
> file is saved.  This begs two new questions:'
> 1.  Is there a way to speed up the saveas function using fltk, or
> 2.  Is there a way to correct the integer problem using gnuplot?
> Greg

1. Probably not.
2. As I wrote earlier, I didn't observe the same problem so I'm able to give
you only a general advice. Firstly check if it's problem of gnuplot, i.e.
try to plot some simple plot (like plot(rand(10,1)); ). If gnuplot displays
it fine then the problem should be with your data, or with gnuplot
otherwise. In case of gnuplot works fine then it would help if you send some
data (matrices), which you actually use. For example what was strange to me,
you are plotting IRS_Time_ms, ticks are given by IRS_Time_ms, but the tick
steps are related to IRS_Time. In my test I used IRS_Time = IRS_Time_ms;.
IRS_Time_sz = size(IRS_Time,1);
set(gca,'XTick',IRS_Time_ms(2:round(IRS_Time_sz/7):IRS_Time_sz),'XTickLabel',IRS_Time(2:round(IRS_Time_sz/7):IRS_Time_sz));
In my test I used IRS_Time = IRS_Time_ms. I don't expect that this is the
point. What I want to say, the problem might be caused by any mistyping,
which I can't see using other data than you do. On the other hand, if you
say fltk displays the same data correctly ...

3. If you only wants to produce .jpeg for some future use, i.e. Octave
calculations are independent on the produced image, you can put your data to
.txt file and produce graph by any other plotting tool, which is able to
import it.