Re: error: imread: invalid image file

From: adama
Subject: Re: error: imread: invalid image file
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 04:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

Seetha Parameswaran wrote
> This issue is still pending:
> warning: your version of GraphicsMagick limits images to 8 bits per pixel

This is an old thread, but I've been having a similar problem trying to get
Octave to find a compiled version of GraphicsMagick (using a quantum depth
of 16 bits instead of the default 8 bits).  Thought I'd post what worked for
me in case it helps others.  After compiling and installing graphicsmagick,
I had to set the following environment variable before configuring Octave.
Otherwise, GraphicsMagick++.pc was not found during the configuration.

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Adam