Re: Sparse Iterative Matrix Solvers

From: lukshuntim
Subject: Re: Sparse Iterative Matrix Solvers
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 00:38:51 +0800

On Friday, May 10, 2013 11:27 PM, Jen Stewart wrote:
BTW, I just noticed that the coverage of iterative solvers in the
Octave manual is organized in a strange way while PCG and PCR are
in the section I linked before, other solvers like gmres and bicgstab
are here:

>http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Specialized-Solvers.html#Specialized-Solvers

Thank you Carlo, this is what I was looking for. What package are these
solution methods from? Are they from SuiteSparse too? If so, I will have
to go looking for them as I hadn't found them so far in my quick perusal
of the code.

Thanks,
Jen

FWIW, suitesparse is a collection of of direct solvers. I think Octave's sparse solver is based on some of them.

Regards,
ST