Re: Help with General Package in Octave 3.6.3

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Help with General Package in Octave 3.6.3
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 09:53:36 -0400

On 8 May 2013 08:59, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 7 May 2013 20:13, swfritz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
>>> Which distribution are you using?
>>>

>>> http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#I_cannot_install_a_package._Octave_complains_about_a_missing_mkoctfile.
>>
>> I'm using OpenSUSE 12.3.
>
> I understand that on SuSE, "sudo zypper install octave-forge" will get
> you all Octave-Forge packages at the same time.

The situation seems to have improved recently. Try "sudo zypper
install octave-forge-general" instead. The package seems to be here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_12.3/x86_64/octave-forge-general-1.3.2-57.3.x86_64.rpm.mirrorlist

I am not an OpenSUSE user, just going by hearsay here. You should, in
general, prefer binary packages for your distrubution instead of
building them from source yourself.

- Jordi G. H.