How to use a script to run a .m function?

From: sflee
Subject: How to use a script to run a .m function?
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 06:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have a function --- main_image.m
To use this function, I have to input one parameter ---
main_image('001.jpg')

I am using ubuntu 12.04, every time I will run octave in a terminal.

The case is that, I stored all the commands in the form like this in a
xxx.txt file:
main_image('001.jpg')
main_image('002.jpg')

I turn on octave in a terminal and input cat xxx.txt
I will have the following errors:
error: invalid conversion from string to real scalar
error: octave_base_value::int_value (): wrong type argument 'sq_string'
error: cat: DIM must be an integer

What can I do?