power curve fit and box and whiskers plots

From: Dan
Subject: power curve fit and box and whiskers plots
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 18:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

1. I am a matlab user and I am trying to create a curve fitting using power series, I know how to do that in matlab using the "fit, fittype and fitoptions" functions, how would I do that in octave the power curve fitting equation is =y(r)=A*r.^(-b) where i need to find the b and A values. I have the data set with some NaN numbers. 2. I am trying to create a box and whiskers plot for my data, however I am trying to get my whiskers to be the std of each bin. Also I need to get a range of data in each bin and take the std and avg of each and plot it all on the same graph. Please let me know what is the best way to do that in Octave vs. matalb. -D