Benchmarks and code for 1D/2D convolution of real signals

From: jeremyfix
Subject: Benchmarks and code for 1D/2D convolution of real signals
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 06:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

If interested, I did some benchmarks for 1D/2D convolutions of real signals
using various implementations:
- FFT convolution using the GSL or FFTW
- nested for loops
- octave convn, fftconv/fftconv2

All the results and codes are available on github :
https://github.com/jeremyfix/FFTConvolution

Actually the implementation using the FFTW is faster than any of the other
implementations for circular and linear convolutions. For linear
convolutions, I only did benchmarks for the 'same' mode and octave is faster
if the kernel size is smaller than , say 10 x 10 ;

Best;

Jeremy.