mesh plot

From: asha g
Subject: mesh plot
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 12:46:08 +0800 (SGT)

I am trying to get a mesh plot in a program where I think the N and iter values are very high.
 So it is taking too long. Is there some way I can change the following code in order to just get a sample of 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 points. That might reduce the density and may speed the whole thing. Please advise. Thanks Asha G

 colormap(gray)
view(30,45)
[xx,zz]= meshgrid(x,z);
mesh(xx,zz,y)
qm = [xx(:) zz(:) y(:)];
save -mat-binary cabunbact1doctN41mesh xx zz y
save -ascii cabunbact1doctN41meshascii qm