Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:44:38 +0200

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 04:26:09AM +0800, Leo Liu wrote:
> On 2013-04-29 16:49 +0800, c. wrote:
> > 5. recognizing 'end' when used as a special indexing keyword rather than
> > block closure
> > 6. recognize single quoted strings
>
> 'end' are now properly dehighlighted if used in an index expression.
> Single-quoted 'string's are already correctly fontfied.

Hi Leo,

I'v just seen that it doesn't always work:

a(1, end) -> 'end' not highlighted

a(1, [1, end]) -> 'end' highlighted (always if 'end' is within [])

I know nothing of emacs mode programming, so perhaps a stupid thought,
but since in indentation it seems to be always correctly recognized if
'end' is _not_ part of an index expression, can't this information be
used for highlighting?

BTW I don't know if its better to highlight 'end' within index
expressions or not.

a = 'abc' -> highlighted as string

'abc' -> not highlighted

"abc" -> highlighted as string