Re: Run script/function at regular intervals

From: Arnaud Miege
Subject: Re: Run script/function at regular intervals
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:18:01 +0100

On 30 April 2013 17:42, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

I think the best solution for this is to make your script executable by adding the appropriate shebang:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Executable-Octave-Programs.html

and then setup a cron job to run it at given intervals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron

HTH,
c.

I have tried adding the shebang with the following line at the beginning of my script:
#! D:\Octave-3.6.4\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2\bin\octave.exe -qf

How do I then turn the script into an executable on Windows? All the examples I could find online seem to be related to Unix rather than Windows.

As far as scheduling is concerned, it looks like the best option in Windows is to use Scheduled Tasks:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569

but I need an executable before I get to that.

Thanks,

Arnaud