Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 14:23:16 +0800

Hello Carlo,

On 2013-04-30 04:43 +0800, c. wrote:
> Here's a set of abbrev's I often use that might well go in the default
> abbrev table.

After some consultation with people on #octave, I have now removed the
hardcoded abbrevs in octave.el. It is not doing much and for inserting
keywords, completion-at-point does a nice job (which you can let TAB do
if you (setq tab-always-indent 'complete) ).

Secondly the abbrev expansion should be more useful i.e. insert the full
syntactic construct e.g. 'if else endif'. There are many packages both
in emacs and outside that do this well: skeleton, tempo, yasnippet etc.
So I'll let users pick what works for them best.

Hope this makes sense.

Leo