Re: required makeinfo version

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: required makeinfo version
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 11:20:11 +0800

On 2013-04-27 00:52 +0800, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> Well, you get what you pay for. Pay less and get crapware? I'm sure
> there are plenty of us who don't want that.

People stuck with some OS for all sorts of reasons and often they have
no control of the choice. I used to work at a good research division
where the sysadmin insists Windows and no Cygwin.

A more productive view and one (I think) that helps GNU is to make
octave work well everywhere regardless of the OS (example: R and emacs).
We should carefully balance the pros and cons of the choice of texinfo
version. If it doesn't work well with the system's default texinfo it
will drive away new users.

Leo