Re: Question on "axis" command

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Question on "axis" command
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 17:36:21 -0400

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> maybe I was just too silly to be successful, but anyway: using plotyy I can
> display two graphs on the screen using both the y- and the y2-axes.
> What I tried in vain is to adjust the scaling of both the y- and the y2- axes
> independently using the axis - command (which, of course, takes 6 arguments
> for x-, y- and z-axes, respectively).

The ylim function sets the range for the y axis. Given an axis handle
it can operate on one or more y axes.
The help for plotyy shows an example of how to get handles to each of
the axes and manipulate them independently. Put those together and you
have

  ax = plotyy (...)
  ylim (ax(1), [-10, 10]);
  ylim (ax(2), [0, 1000]);