Re: tfestimate vs fft

From: Arnaud Miege
Subject: Re: tfestimate vs fft
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:03:46 +0100

On 24 April 2013 13:26, Henry Gomersall <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 12:31 +0100, Arnaud Miege wrote:
> I am trying to estimate the transfer function of a system (SISO) based
> on time-domain data. I have tried by directly taking the FFT of the
> time-domain data and also by using tfestimate.

What was the input to the system from which you derived the time-domain
data?

hen

The input to the system is the heater input for the pin under closed-loop control (% of full scale) and the output is the temperature of that same pin. Both were logged on power-up of the machine, when it warmed up from ambient to operating temperature.

Arnaud