Re: tfestimate vs fft

From: Arnaud Miege
Subject: Re: tfestimate vs fft
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:40:57 +0100

On 24 April 2013 12:37, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Arnaud

Why don't you just use arx? It is included in the control package, which is a dependency for the signal package.

Lukas

Thanks. I am in fact using arx (it's the green line on the plot), but I need to know what to compare it to, to judge whether the model is suitable, so I need a transfer function that is based purely on data and not on a model. The time-domain plots of the ARX model look OK for the particular input I am using, but not in the frequency domain, hence the transfer function approach.

Arnaud