problem with datetick

From: Cristian Perfumo
Subject: problem with datetick
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:04:54 +1000

Hi everyone,

I am absolutely new to Octave (though have used MATLAB quite a bit).

I'm trying to plot some data and have the time variable in datenum format. When I plot it and then execute "datetick('x','dd/mm HH')" everything works as expected and every tick magically transforms to a human-readable date. However, when I zoom in in the plot, the x axis becomes "tickless". And if I run datetick again, the plot autozooms and I get back to where I started.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cristian