Re: Error downloading fltk-1.3.2-source.tar.gz during Octave installatio

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Error downloading fltk-1.3.2-source.tar.gz during Octave installation on Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:17:17 -0400

On Apr 23, 2013, at 1:34 AM, Gyan Ranjan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to install Octave on Mountain Lion using the
> homebrew packet manager as described on the wiki page.
> However, at the stage where one has to type:
>
> % brew install octave
>
> the installation process is stalled with the following error:
>
> curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
> Error: Download failed:
> http://ftp.easysw.com/pub/fltk/1.3.2/fltk-1.3.2-source.tar.gz
>
> Can any one please provide a means to resolve this?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Best,
> Gyan

First a qualifier, I think Homebrew has dropped support for octave.  Has that
changed?

The error you are getting is unrelated to that.  You'll need to use an
alternative ftp site (mirror) for fltk.  My understanding is that an
alternative mirror may be specified in Homebrew's formula for FLTK.  Maybe
someone else on the list will know more.

You might also try the Homebrew forum/mail-list, but I'm not sure if such a
thing exists.  They have a "issues" list that looks to more of a bug tracker.
If that is the wrong place to seek help, no doubt someone will point you to the
correct place.

        https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues

Ben