Re: Octave with multithreading BLAS

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Octave with multithreading BLAS
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 4/19/13, yuer <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: yuer <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Octave with multithreading BLAS
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Friday, April 19, 2013, 9:20 AM
> thanks. How to make octave having the
> power of multithreading like Matlab on
> vectorization?
>

> --

If I understand correctly, multi-threaded ATLAS is orthogonal to single
threaded Octave.

I mean that I think Octave calls from its only thread an ATLAS function, and
that function can do the job proper in a number of threads - provided the
function is taken from a multi-threaded ATLAS library.

Regards,
  Sergei.