Re: Gnuplot in Octave 3.6.4

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Gnuplot in Octave 3.6.4
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 07:54:00 -0400

On Apr 19, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Arnaud Miege wrote:

Hi,

I am using the minGW distribution of Octave 3.6.4 and the VS2010 distribution of Octave 3.6.2 on the same machine (win xp pro sp2). I installed 3.6.4 to get access to the new system identification features of the control package. However, it looks like the gnuplot functionality has gone backwards.

Below is a screen of two figures, the left-hand one in Octave 3.6.2 and the right-hand one in 3.6.4:

<ScreenShot008.jpg>

Where have all the buttons that were in 3.6.2 gone? In particular, I can't seem to be able to unzoom (or autoscale) once I have zoomed in with a right-click.

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud

Inline images 1

The window on the left is gnuplot's "wxt" terminal (an x11 implementation)..  I don't recognize the one on the right.  I'd guess it is also gnuplot.  Perhaps the "windows" terminal.

If you prefer "wxt", then ...

close all
graphics_toolkit gnuplot
setenv GNUTERM wxt

... and try a plot.

If you'd like those commands to be run every time you start Octave, place them in your ~/.octaverc file.

Ben