cursor control

From: Jose
Subject: cursor control
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:20:15 +0300

Hello.

I need to control the position of the cursor in the terminal within one script. I have tried VT100 control commands, but either they do not work as expected or I am doing something wrong. For example:

octave:8> for n=1:10
>   disp(a);
>   printf("%s",[0x1B '[' 2 'A']);
> endfor
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2
   1   2

The previous code should have displayed the matrix a on top of itself all the time.

So, how can I control the position of the cursor?

BR