Re: Issue: Unable to find file

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Issue: Unable to find file
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 09:43:03 +1100

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:15:41 +1100, Jason Darcy <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to load a dat file with a data set. However, every time I try it Octave gives me an error message that says unable to find file. I'm using Octave-3.2.4.

Please help me resolve this issue.

There are a couple of reasons why this may be going wrong.
You are running Octave from a different directory to where the file resides, and the file location is not in a path that Octave recognises. The simplest solution is to run Octave in the directory where you have the data file. The second possible cause is that you are not specifying the filename correctly.
...or maybe something else.
If neither of the first two are the cause, tell us what system you are using and give us the full error message we might be able to help further.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell