Octave engine: any update?

From: MrOba
Subject: Octave engine: any update?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 02:49:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all!

Any news about the octave engine package? I found this package on
Octave-forge, and I would be very interested in any update..

The octave engine is an external interface library that allows you to call
an instance of the octave engine.
The library seems to be very basic and provides functions to open and close
the engine, evaluate an octave command, load and retrieve variables. I'm
trying to use it with some mex files from Matlab and basically it works.
What is missing is the handling of data in the form of mxArray. Matlab has
updated its engine from the times the library has been coded and provides
functions like engGetVariable and engPutVariable, and this is exactly what I
need.. Does somebody has any hint where to start to find something like
that?

thanks