GSoC 2013 GSoC application, student retention

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: GSoC 2013 GSoC application, student retention
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:46:34 -0400

I have just submitted the following application to Google:

    http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_2013_application

Of particular interest is that Google now asks in a separate question
what can we do to keep students involved in Octave after GSoC (or
SOCIS). And this got me thinking, of our past summer students, none of
them have really stuck around with Octave.

So let me ask you past students, and everyone else, what are we doing
wrong that is making you guys not stick around? How can we make you
feel more involved with Octave?

- Jordi G. H.