Re: More summer of code ideas needed!

From: am304
Subject: Re: More summer of code ideas needed!
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, I wasn't aware of it. I'll check it out.

Arnaud

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Mar 2013, at 11:05, "Lukas Reichlin-4 [via Octave]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 19.03.2013, at 10:40, am304 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
>> Simulink is way too much for a summer project. It's not an addition to
>> Octave, but the creation of a whole new program that happens to use
>> Octave. It would be comparable to having a student implement all of
>> Octave during the summer.
>
> Yes, you're probably right, sorry.
>
> Another suggestion would be to have, if not a GUI, at least some functions
> to automatically or interactively tune a (PID) controller for a given plant
> (described by a transfer function or a state-space representation), based on
> requirements such as overshoot, rise time, settling time, etc...
>
> Arnaud
Do you have something in mind like the example script optiPID.m from the control package? It minimizes the ITAE criterion, max overshoot and sensitivity for a PID controller using an objective function, and can be adapted to other criterions.

Lukas