Re: Java and Octave

From: Kim Rydhof Thor Hansen
Subject: Re: Java and Octave
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:11:06 +0100

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM, vinukn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Javaoctave is good,but it does not support fltk,qt graphics back ends. If it
> support fltk,qt graphics back ends. It must be great tool!

It has not been written to support X or other GUI interaction with
Octave, we use it to run our number crunching code in Octave and then
implement the GUI in Java.

My understanding of Jaya's problem is that it would be solved quiet
well using JavaOctave as all the GUI code would be in Java.

--
Kim Rydhof Thor Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2. tv.