Re: More summer of code ideas needed!

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: More summer of code ideas needed!
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:42:52 +0100

2013/3/19 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> On 19 March 2013 05:32, grg <address@hidden> wrote:
>> How about making m_map (http://www.eos.ubc.ca/~rich/map.html) fully
>> compatible with octave?
>
> I believe I have already heard reports of people using this with
> Octave. However, the package itself isn't under a free license (it has
> no license at all), so a prerequisite would be to convince the author
> to give it a free license. It is Google's own requirement that
> students must work only on free code.

In this case, the GSoC project should deals only with the graphic
part. Some months ago I've uploaded to Octave Forge the OctPROJ
package (http://octave.sourceforge.net/octproj/index.html) in order to
use the PROJ.4 library inside GNU Octave
(http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/), so the cartographic calculations are
not a problem

Cheers