Re: GSoC 2013 ideas page

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: GSoC 2013 ideas page
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:22:45 -0400

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
As I've said earlier, Octave will be appying for GSoC 2013 as an
independent mentoring organisation:

    http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-in-Google-Summer-of-Code-2013-td4649768.html

I have just worked on updating our ideas page for GSoC 2013:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas

I think it's looking healthy and has a good mix of possible ideas.
More ideas are still welcome, though! Add them to the wiki as
necessary.

Additionally, I want to know if the following people (or others!)
would be willing to volunteer as mentors. Mentoring is a about a
10-hour commitment per week

Max, would you be able to mentor a project aimed to complete JITC?

Torsten, do you agree to be listed as a potential mentor for GUI work?

Michael, given your work on classdef, can you again offer to mentor this year?

Yes, I'd be happy to mentor, but I would need some back-up.

Michael.