Re: Function handle with arguments for GUI callback

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Function handle with arguments for GUI callback
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:27:23 -0400

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Arnaud Miege <address@hidden> wrote:
It looks like there is a constant offset of 48 between what the value of k is and what it should be, so for now, I am using the following:

function update_browse_btn(src,data,k,gui)
% Called when user activates popup menu
        val = get(src,'Value');
        if val == 2
            set(gui.browse_btns{k-48},'Enable','on');
set(gui.ip_file_edit{k-48},'Enable','on');
else
set(gui.browse_btns{k-48},'Enable','off');
set(gui.ip_file_edit{k-48},'Enable','off');
        end
end

This works well for all the scenarios and all possible values of k, but I am slightly uneasy at having an unexplained, hard-coded, offset in the code, even if this is only a prototype (the final version will probably be coded in C# for deployment to end-users). Anyway, it does the job for now until I find a more elegant and more robust solution.

Thanks,

Arnaud