Re: Edit problem Octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Edit problem Octave
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:43:12 -0500

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM, am304 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I too, am having trouble with the edit command in Octave 3.6.2 (VS2010) on
Windows XP SP2 64-bit. I have Notepad++ installed in C:\Program Files
(x86)\Notepad++ and Octave installed in D:\Octave-3.6.2

My .octaverc file (located in D:\Octave-3.6.2) includes the lines (as per
Optional installation of Notepad++ as an editor (recommended)
<http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Windows#Optional_installation_of_Notepad.2B.2B_as_an_editor_.28recommended.29>
):

I have also tried changing from async to sync, and that doesn't make any
difference. Whenever I try to edit a file, I get the following error message
on the first attempt, even though I am not in the directory suggested by the
error message (checked with pwd):

Subsequent attempts to run the same command generate a similar, but slightly
different error message:

EDITOR returns the expected value:

The edit command, on its own (i.e. without a file name argument), does open
up the Notepad++ editor.

Any suggestions,

Many thanks in advance,

Arnaud