Re: Permission to translate your page at http://wiki.octave.org/

From: Anja Skrba
Subject: Re: Permission to translate your page at http://wiki.octave.org/
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:22:43 +0100

Hi guys

As I promised, I have finished the translation. Now I know that you don't understand a single word in Serbo-Croatian :) but if you could just take a look to see how it looks like – the colors, font, copyrights, etc. it would be very helpful to me. I've put the references to your original article at the top and bottom of the page.

Here it is:

http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ

If you find time to mention my translation somewhere within your page, I would really appreciate it.

To make it easier for you, here's the HTML code that you can add somewhere within your article:

Please let me know if there are any questions or if you need me to correct something.

Keep in touch!

Sincerely,

Anja

Anja Skrba

address@hidden
http://science.webhostinggeeks.com/
Tel: +38162300604

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 28 February 2013 05:35, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 28.02.2013 09:55, schrieb Anja Skrba:
>> Week ago I have asked for your permission to translate your web page and
>> I didn’t hear any from you since.
>
> Hi Anja, see here where Jordi already answered your question:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-Help-octave-post-from-anjas-webhostinggeeks-com-requires-approval-td4650070.html

Yes, sorry, looks like I forgot to CC you there, Anja.

I'm a little hesitant to make the FAQ content completely free for one
reason: we have legal advice in there from the FSF, and we don't want
people to reproduce that legal advice in any other way except
verbatim. I think the solution would be to move that content to our
octave.org webpage and just link to it from the FAQ.

On 28 February 2013 04:36, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Documentation for GNU software is distributed under free
> documentation licenses not requiring such permissions.

Yes, except sometimes there is only permission to distribute content
verbatim, disallowing modifications. Such is the case for works of
opinion and sensitive things like legal advice.

- Jordi G. H.