Re: pdf page layout

From: John Frain
Subject: Re: pdf page layout
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 19:12:22 +0000

Have alook at the briss gui based pdf cropper. I have used in the exact way you describe. It can be downloaded from

sourceforge.net/projects/
briss/

John

On 2 March 2013 15:41, marciobarbalho <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all

I've been plotting really beautiful graphs with octave for my thesis... and
I noticed the best image format is 'pdf' because I am using
LaTex/MikTeX/Windows8. PNG doesn't work well because it is not vectorial,
EPS won't work with pdflatex, so... my alternatives are:
1) export the graph to pdf from octave.
2) export to graph to EMF from gnuplot and convert it to PDF. (not very much
handy because i have to save the dat and load it from gnuplot + a third
party program to make the conversion)

My question is: Is there a way of making the page layout fit the graph in
the PDF format? I noticed a huge space between the picture and its label in
the latex final document.

example:
Octave> print -dpdf sombrero.pdf

Very much appreciated